2017 Brainerd Homecoming
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Parade Time: 10:30 am
It is time to make plans for your participation in the Brainerd Community Homecoming Parade. The Parade is coordinated by Brainerd Community Action, a non-profit corporation. Brainerd Community Action intends the parade to be a family event suitable for children of all ages. To ensure a successful parade and celebration, the Homecoming Committee has adopted the following rules:
1) The parade is limited to 75 units. Participation will be denied to units registering after 75 units have been registered.
2) The maximum length of each unit is 100 feet, with the exception of high school bands, fire trucks, and special units.
3) To be registered on the parade roster, all parade units must sign and return the attached “Waiver Agreement,” complete and return the entry form, and pay a fee (if applicable).
4) Parade entries will be accepted now until the absolute deadline of September 22, 2017 at 5 pm. Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Any notice of denial will be sent within ten working days of receipt, or within three days after the close of the deadline if received after September 22, 2015, and will occur for reasons stated in a written denial notice, which are consistent with the criteria set forth herein.
5) Candy and other items may NOT be thrown from any vehicles or floats at any time during the parade. Children picking up candy from the street are out of the line of sight for most large parade vehicles such as fire trucks and floats. Walkers may hand out the candy or items along the parade route. Candy throwing has presented a safety hazard and hindered the steady procession of floats.
6) Parade Entry Fees:
A. All commercial units must pay a $50 entry fee.
B. Nonprofit units will have a waived free
C. The fee may be waived if a donation of an equal or greater amount of $100 is made to the Homecoming Celebration, 213 South 5th Street, Brainerd, Minnesota 56401.
7) Each political officeholder or candidate for a political office must pay a $50 each (not by party affiliation) entrance fee, with the exception of parade dignitaries.
8) Each horse unit is required to provide for “ROAD APPLE CLEANUP CREW.”
9) The parade will be open to expressions of support for political candidates, or public issues under the following guidelines:
A) Political officeholders or candidates for political office may participate in the parade, subject only to the content-neutral restrictions described in paragraph ten below.
B) Applicants who seek either to express support for political parties or candidates for office or to express opinions on public or political issues may participate in the parade, subject to the content-neutral restrictions described in paragraph ten below.
10) All parade participants shall conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for a family audience of all ages, march in a peaceful and orderly fashion, and participate in a civil manner with respect to other participants and the public. Parade participants shall not use obscenity, profanity, defamation, threats, or fighting words.
The Homecoming Parade will begin at 10:30am. An email of confirmation, route map, directions to access the staging area, the location of water stations and restrooms on the parade route, and the schedule will be sent to you. Before your entry may be registered, the attached forms must be filled out completely and returned to the Brainerd Community Action office.
Brainerd Community Action
213 S. 5th Street, Brainerd, MN 56401
An electronic entry from can also be se sent to: email@example.com
Phone number: 218-829-5278
Holly Holm, Executive Director
Brainerd Community Action